Calligra 2.8.2 Released
April 16, 2014
The Calligra team has released a bugfix version 2.8.2 of the Calligra Suite, and Calligra Active. This release contains a few important bug fixes to 2.8.0 and we recommend everybody to update.
Bugfixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes. There are several others that are not mentioned here.
- Move Export to PDF command to the Export menu section instead of the Print section for conformance with other office suites (bug 332603).
- Fix “Missing import filter” bug when saving if not extension is specified (even if selecting a File type is set to a format) (bug 328975).
- Use native file dialogs on Windows.
- Make Rich Text property false by default for Text Editor form widget. Rich Text often causes misbehaviour.
- Fix resetting the slider spin box when double clicking on it (bug 330165).
- Ignore tablet press/release events which did not produce any sane buttons (bug 331925).
- Added support for ‘evdev’ tablets (bugs 332239, 331572, 329641).
- Save line smoothing options between runs of Krita. This is really needed for low-level tablets like Genius to filter the trajectory they report to us.
- Make Krita auto-recognize axes labels of Evdev tablets. The labels are stored in a special property of the XInput device.
- Recognize Surface Pro 2 tablets on Windows (bug 331922).
- Fixed size of predefined images.
- Set default gradient to alpha (bug 329008).
- Clean up the layout of the Transform tool.
- Hide unused settings for stroke in the Path tool (bug 331556).
- Fixed memory leaks in brush handling.
- Fixed memory leaks when resources fail to load.
- Fixed memory leaks when creating strokes (bug 331592).
- Don’t crash on creating a file layer in Krita Gemini (bug 332871).
- Improved splash screen.
- Fix loading plugins for Krita Gemini.
- Save tags with special characters properly (bug 332708).
- Fix removing of tags, don’t load or save dummy tags.
- Add import for PSD layer groups (bug 289857).
- Fix translation issues.
- Fix startup of Krtita Sketch and Gemini.
Try It Out
- The source code is available for download: calligra-2.8.2.tar.xz.
- Calligra binaries are available for download for many operating systems.
Calligra is part of the applications from the KDE community. See more information at the website http://www.calligra.org/.