Calligra 2.5.1 Released
The Calligra team has released version 2.5.1, the first bugfix release of the Calligra Suite, and Calligra Active. This release contains a number of important bug fixes to 2.5.0 and we recommend everybody to update as soon as possible.
Bugfixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes are in 2.5.1. There are several others that are not mentioned here:
- Fix: crash when saving file with imported text (bug 298899)
- Do not save with an attribue that makes LibreOffice and OpenOffice crash (BUG: 298689 )
- Workaround for visual glitch of Oxygen style for the Modern Menu widget in kexi (bug 305051)
- Fix crash on importing CSV files with more than 1024 columns (bug 304405) and with Mac line endings (bug 304329)
- Missing table kexi__parts is no longer a critical error in Kexi (this enables opening databases created e.g. by the future Words Bibliography tool)
- Fixed bug: New Kexi project file created in current directory instead of the selected one (bug 305163)
- Table View: Fixed misplaced ‘Date/Time data error’ validation popup in tableview (bug 282295)
- Table View: Show warning when invalid date values in tables and forms are rejected (bug 299867)
- Table View: Clicking validation popup editor is focus again allowing to correct the value
- Table View: Use new message widget for validation popups
- PostgreSQL support: Display cmake compile warning if libpqxx is not in version 3.x
- buildsystem: move checks for pgsql, mysql, tds, xbase dependencies to global area (bug 300871)
- Make it possible to open Krita 2.5 documents in 2.4 if no composition was set.
- Fix: conversion of HDR colorspaces
- Fix: crash when merging down the top layer if there is a selection (bug 305465)
- Fix: Uncompressed ODF is saved in wrong directory (bug 305794)
- Don’t mirror an image with a width of one pixel or less (bug 166324)
Try It Out
The source code of this version is available for download here: calligra-2.5.1.tar.bz2. Also many binary packages are available for various operating systems and distributions. This release is packaged for Windows by KO GmbH, and you can find it on their download page. There is also a separate package or Krita only.
We would welcome volunteers who want to build the Calligra Suite on OSX.
Calligra is part of the applications from the KDE community. See more information at the website http://www.calligra.org/.