Very Important Update for Calligra 2.4 and 2.5 Released
January 23, 2013
Attention, this is a crucial update!
The Calligra team releases updates to the 2.4 and 2.5 series at the same time: versions 2.4.4 and 2.5.5. These releases include fixes for two major bugs in the Sheets application which made recalculations of spreadsheet contents go wrong under certain conditions. We urge all users of Calligra Sheets to update immediately.
In addition these releases contain a number of other important bug fixes.
Bugfixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes that are in 2.4.4 and 2.5.5. There are several others that are not mentioned here.
- 2.5.5: A few build issues on Windows.
- 2.4.4 and 2.5.5: A very nasty bug which made recalculations of spreadsheet contents go wrong under some circumstances (BUGS: 312981, 313010)
- Kexi Forms:
- 2.5.5: Description was ignored in Command Link button
- 2.4.4: Make palette background color property in text editor work (BUG: 309274)
- 2.4.4: Fix “data source tag” for text box (regression because of changes in KDE libraries’ line editor)
- 2.4.4: SQLite Driver: Fix possible data loss of compacted file (when process tools crash or fail for any reason)
- 2.4.4: Remove limit of 101 fields in Kexi Table Designer (BUG: 309116)
- 2.4.4 and 2.5.5: Fix MySql login failure when not saving password - fix for case 3.1 (BUG: 313025)
- 2.4.4 and 2.5.5: Fix possible crash when pressing tab in the global search box
- 2.5.5: Property editor: make items are always sorted by key
Try It Out
The source code of this version is available for download from download.kde.org. Also many binary packages are available for various operating systems and distributions. This release will be packaged for Windows by KO GmbH, and you can soon find it on their download page. There is also a separate package for Krita only.
We would welcome volunteers who want to build and test the Calligra Suite on OSX.
Calligra is part of the applications from the KDE community. See more information at the website http://www.calligra.org/.